The 2021 Near West Side Week Scavenger Hunt is a great way to explore the Near West Side and discover its hidden gems! Everyone in the winning team will walk away with Near West Side swag and gift cards. Register your teams soon to join in the fun!
- Form your team! Call up your best friends, co-workers, family members, and neighbors! There is no limit to how many people can join a team, though the sweet spot is really around 3-6 people.
- Team of 1? No problem! You can still register yourself as a one-person team.
- Everyone on the team should download the GooseChase iOS or Android app: www.goosechase.com/download/
- Choose to play as a guest, or register for a personal account with a username & password of your choice.
- Search for and select the 2021 Near West Side Week game, or search by game code ZMMGED.
- Follow the prompts to select or create your team. This is where the team will be created if it is new. If you are joining a team that has already been created, enter your team code here.
- All team members MUST fill out the information in the form below. If your team wins, this will help us know how to get prizes to you! https://forms.gle/MXBNEX54BgJFuPV16
- Missions will be completed using a smartphone or tablet and will require GPS and photo capability.
We encourage everyone to register their teams as soon as possible, as there is a limit to how many teams can register!
- The game will open on Friday, September 17 at Noon and will close on Saturday, September 18 at 6pm. You can start your gameplay anytime during this time period. Please be careful of traffic and mindful of our neighbors while playing the game.
Estimated time of gameplay:
*For teams driving between missions – plan 1-2 hours.
*For teams biking or using Spin Scooters – plan 2-3 hours.
*For teams walking, plan 3-4 hours.
- Each mission has a point value. Teams do not have to complete all missions, but the more you complete, the better your chances of winning! NWSP will review all submissions for accuracy, and the team standings may change after the game is over. The final game standings will be determined on Monday, September 20th. In the event of a tie, we will randomly select one of the highest-scoring teams.
- All members of the winning team will be notified by Near West Side Partners the week of September 20th.
Questions about the game? Send an email to Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!