Join the Alzheimer’s Association for a Free Event. Patricia McClure-Chessier, MBA, MPA, is the Award Winning Author of “Losing a Hero to Alzheimer’s The Story of Pearl” and “A Caregiver’s Guide For Alzheimer’s and Dementia Nine Key Principles.” Patricia will share her journey how she was estranged from her family when she became the caregiver for her mother who had Alzheimer’s. She will inform participants on the principles of caregiving based on her book to help the caregiver be effective, prevent burn-out and support their loved one in living their best quality of life after the diagnosis. Attendees will:
- Listen to Brotha Heal the Hood as he shares spoken word to kick off the event.
- Hear from Alzheimer’s Association leaders about dementia research, advocacy, free resources and impact on the community.
- Enjoy a complimentary soul food lunch.
- Meet with community partners to learn about caregiver resources.
- Participate in a State Dementia Plan Survey: A chance to have a say in the services designed for you.
Register in advance: bit.ly/hope315 or call 800.272.3900.