The Hank Aaron State Trail is located close to Near West Side neighborhoods. It is a 14-mile trail extending from the shores of Lake Michigan near Discovery World and extends to the Milwaukee/Waukesha County line.
The Hank Aaron State Trail 5K attracts more than 1,000 people of all abilities each year – runners and walkers! It’s a 5K for running aficionados and friendly for first-timers. It has a reputation as a family-friendly community event that introduces people to the trail and is a high-quality, USAT chip-timed event with a fast and flat course.
– Great live DJ music will keep your feet moving even after you finish the 5K!
– Fuel up with coffee, tea & pastries pre-event
– Replenish after the 5K with ice cream and bananas at the finish line
– Beautiful route through Three Bridges Park crossing the Menomonee River, through restored prairie and providing a dramatic view of American Family Field in the home stretch
– All participants receive a commemorative t-shirt and 22nd 5K sticker
– Family-friendly, strollers welcome
– Prizes for teams and top 3 male and female runners in fifteen age categories
– Proceeds benefit the trail and will send kids to Bike Adventure Camp this summer!
– Race results are available immediately online on the day of the event
– Teams of 8 or more get a registration deal AND logo on their t-shirts! Also eligible for team prizes!
– Check out all the great items on our online silent auction (coming in mid-July)
– Race proceeds support ALL major initiatives of the Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail